Roasted Poblano Soup
2 medium poblano peppers
½ medium cauliflower, broken into pieces
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup + 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 packet BETTER//BROTH™ Keto Thyme
1. Set the broiler to high and arrange the poblano peppers on a baking sheet.
2. Roast, turning occasionally for even cooking, until the skins are dark and the peppers are tender.
3. Place peppers in a container with a lid and seal to cool. Set aside while you prepare the soup base.
4. Steam cauliflower florets on the stove top or in a silicone steamer case until very tender. Approximately 5 minutes in the microwave or 7-10 on the stove top.
5. Using a high speed blender or food processor, puree steamed cauliflower and 1 cup water. Drizzle in the remaining water and continue to puree until the mixture is a smooth consistency.
6. Heat butter and onion over medium heat in a soup pot until the onion is translucent.
7. Add half the cauliflower puree, sour cream, and cheese to the pot and stir until thickened. Reduce to low heat.
8. Remove the skin and seeds from the cooled poblano peppers and dice, reserving about 1 tablespoon to garnish the finished soup.
9. Pour the remaining cauliflower puree and diced peppers into the soup pot. Return heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and stir in the garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and BETTER//BROTH™ Keto Thyme.
Serve hot and top with reserved peppers and optional shredded cheese.
If you want to take your soup up another notch, don’t just cook the onions until translucent – caramelize them! Will take 5+ minutes over medium heat but worth the time to enrich the taste of your soup